and our 1000+ members.
QUALITY TOURISM FRAMEWORK / STAR RATINGS
The Star Ratings Program forms part of the Quality Tourism Framework (QTF). QTF combines Tourism Accreditation, Star Ratings and the Australian Tourism Awards programs into a single pathway for business development.
Star Ratings are an internationally recognised rating for quality accommodation standards. A rating is determined by a comprehensive assessment of over 200 criteria across three areas: quality and condition, facilities and services, and cleanliness. Properties can be awarded up to five stars, and undergo site visits every three years to ensure they are up to standard.
Only licensed operators can display the trademarked Star Ratings, ensuring guests can expect a consistent quality standard when booking accommodation.
They are awarded in six distinct categories: hotels, motels, serviced apartments, hosted accommodation, caravan-holiday parks and self catering.
Benefits of Star Ratings
- Display your Star Ratings, only available to licensed properties
- Assure guests that your property is high quality and reliable
- Helps to maintain quality standards according to best industry practices
- Free ReviewPro account (valued at over $1000), an online reputation management system that collates online reviews from 175+ sites into a seamless dashboard
- Complete Quality Tourism Accreditation
- Complete the pre-assessment questionnaire
- Undergo a comprehensive site visit every three years to confirm and uphold your rating
Star Rated properties in South Australia have access to the standards, guidelines and property reviews for the six distinct categories.
TiCSA Members can add Stars Accreditation to their membership for an additional annual fee of $200 (excl. GST).
Properties are assessed every three years against comprehensive criteria. TiCSA undertakes these assessments in South Australia, where possible, together with tourism accreditation site visits.