ReviewPro Wrap Up: Summer Holidays
The 2022-23 summer school holidays in South Australia have wrapped up, marking the end of one of the busiest periods for tourism operators in our state.
Through TiCSA’s partnership with ReviewPro, we’ve taken a look at what visitors are saying online about their experiences with our accredited operators.
ReviewPro is an online reputation management system that collated online reviews from over 175 sites into one place. TiCSA’s partnership with ReviewPro and Australian Tourism Industry Council allows us to offer our accredited TiCSA members free access to their own ReviewPro dashboard.
Statistics from the school holidays
Over 70% of accredited members are using ReviewPro to their advantage, and here’s a glance at their statistics from 17 December to 30 January.
- During this period, members with ReviewPro accounts collected 10,266 reviews.
- Of these reviews, 79.7% were positive, 11.2% were neutral, 7.3% were negative, and 1.8% were not rated.
- The most reviews in one day was on 5 January, where accounts gathered 341 reviews.
- The overall GRI* for the school holidays is 90%!
- The most talked about topic was food and drinks, with 3,030 mentions. 77.3% of these mentions were positive.
- 1,803 mentions were about staff and 87.1% of these mentions were positive.
- 55.1% of the reviews came from Booking.com, a massive increase from last year’s holidays. 32.2% of reviews came from Google.
- 42.7% of reviews were responded to.
- The average response timeframe was 4.6 days.
What is a Global Review Index (GRI)?
The Global Review Index is calculated by an algorithm that generates a numerical score from 0 to 100 and is based on the Overall Score of a review collected from 140+ online travel agencies (OTAs) and review sites in more than 45 languages.
The algorithm considers several aspects to provide the most accurate picture of a business’s online reputation, for example, giving a higher weightage to more recent reviews and a lower weightage to the older ones. It is not an average of all review scores.
We also looked into the top-ranking GRIs in each region for the school holiday period:
Cellar Door Tours
Small Batch Wine Tours
Saviconnect Passenger Service
Thorngrove Manor Hotel
Barossa Exclusive Tours
Battunga Cottages Bed & Breakfast
Clare Valley Cycle Hire
Sage at Streaky Bay
Experience Coffin Bay
Make Trax Adventure
|Flinders Ranges & Outback
The Lookout Cave Underground Motel
Under the Mount
Over the Edge Melrose
Emu Bay Fishing Charters
KI Outdoor Action
Emu Bay Holiday Homes
Coorong Waterfront Retreat
Murray River Lakes
Coorong Waterfront Retreat
Juggle House Experiences
Banrock Station Wine and Wetland Centre
Kingston on Murray Caravan Park
BIG4 Renmark Riverfront Holiday Park
Port Vincent Foreshore Caravan Park
Port Vincent Motel and Apartments
Cliff House Beachfront Villas