BUSHFIRE SUPPORT SERVICES
In an effort to support our affected members through the recovery process, TiCSA has compiled a list of relevant services and resources available – see below.
SA BUSHFIRE APPEAL
The SA Bushfire Appeal aims to raise funds for those directly affected by the bushfires in Kangaroo Island. Every contribution can make a difference. DONATE NOW >
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
SA Health offers a range of mental health recovery services to assist communities which have been impacted by disasters. READ MORE >
A range of relief and recovery assistance is available to small businesses, administered by State Governments. If you have been directly impacted by the bushfires, you may be eligible for recovery grants and/or concessional interest rate loans depending on where you live. READ MORE >
SA RECOVERY HOTLINE
Phone: 1800 302 787
HOW DO I CLAIM A DISASTER RECOVERY PAYMENT?
The fastest way to claim is by calling 180 22 66. The line is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. The payment is generally in people’s bank accounts within 24-48 hours.
I HAVE AN INSURANCE POLICY AND NEED TO MAKE A CLAIM.
WHAT DO I DO?
Talk to your insurance company as soon as possible about how to make a claim. The contact numbers for major insurers are:
- NRMA: 132 132
- Suncorp: 132 524
- QBE: 133 723
- Allianz: 131 013
- Zurich: 132 687
The Insurance Council of Australia is also operating a 24-hour hotline 1800 734 621 to help with information about claims and recovery.
WHERE DO I GO FOR INFORMATION ON EMPLOYMENT ENTITLEMENTS AND OBLIGATIONS?
The Fair Work Ombudsman can give you information about your leave entitlements, including personal/carer’s leave, annual leave and community service leave, and information for employers who are unable to operate. The Fair Work Ombudsman has set up a Bushfires across Australia web page, or phone 13 13 94.
Affected customers experiencing financial difficulties can have their loan repayments deferred, fees and charges waived and existing loans restructured. See below for contact numbers and information.
- AMP: 1300 130 191, Experiencing financial hardship
- ANZ: 1800 252 845, Customer Connect
- BOQ: 1800 079 866, Financial Hardship Assistance
- BankSA: 1800 679 461, BankSA Assist
- Bankwest: 1300 769 173, Experiencing financial hardship
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank: 1300 652 146, Financial difficulty assistance
- Citibank: 1800 722 879, Hardship assistance
- Commonwealth Bank: 1300 720 814, Emergency assistance
- HSBC: 1300 555 988, Financial difficulty
- ING: 1300 349 166, Financial Hardship
- Macquarie Bank: 1300 363 330, Financial Hardship
- ME Bank: 1300 500 520, ME Bank financial hardship
- MyState: 13 800 1, MyState financial hardship
- NAB: 1800 701 599, Financial Hardship
- Rabobank: 1800 025 484, Financial Hardship
- Rural Bank: 1800 660 115, Financial Hardship
- St. George Bank: 1800 629 795, St. George Assist
- Suncorp Bank: 1800 225 223, Suncorp Customer Assist
- Westpac: 1800 067 497, Westpac Assist
We will continue to notify our members of further updates.
Photo: Middle River, Kangaroo Island | South Australian Tourism Commission