and our 900+ members.
WHAT IS CAMPS / ADVENTURE ACTIVITY
The Camp / Adventure Activity Provider Accreditation Program forms part of the new Quality Tourism Framework (QTF). QTF combines the Tourism Accreditation, Star Ratings and Australian Tourism Awards programs into a single pathway for business development.
TiCSA administers Camp / Adventure Activity Provider Accreditation; following the merger of the Camping with Confidence program (formally managed by the Australian Camps Association) into the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP).
Camp / Adventure Activity Provider Accreditation is designed for any business that works with the camp and / or adventure activity industries. It ensures that the camping or outdoor experience is conducted in an appropriate manner; that there are clear procedures for supervising campers and administering bookings, that proper planning has been done to manage emergencies that should arise, adhering to the Adventure Activity Standards (AAS); and that engagement with the appropriate authorities (e.g. for buildings, food handling, equipment maintenance) has been undertaken.
ATAP requires that a camp and / or adventure activity business has:
- Compliance with both business and industry specific regulations
- Adherence to industry sector standards and codes of practice
- Risk management procedures and training
- Business and Marketing Plans
- Human resource management policy and procedures
- Customer service policy and procedures
- Environmental management policies and procedures
- Specialised activity policies and procedures
- Vehicle operations policies and procedures
The Camps / Adventure Activity Provider Accreditation addresses many of the issues that are covered in the development of a business operating plan, with a focus on the key elements that are part of the day-to-day running of a camp / adventure activity.