and our 900+ members.
MEET THE STANDARD & EARN THE TICK
The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP) forms part of the new Quality Tourism Framework (QTF). QTF combines the Tourism Accreditation, Star Ratings and Australian Tourism Awards programs into a single pathway for business development.
All current ATAP Accredited businesses are encouraged to begin phasing in the Quality Tourism brand mark to replace the existing ‘tick’ logo. CLICK HERE to download your new logos.
ATAP is suitable for all tourism businesses. It is not an onerous or prescriptive process; it is designed to apply to each individual business and to assist you in quality management practices.
The program not only allows you to update your businesses policies and procedures, but it provides you with valuable business development tools, templates and examples.
The Tourism Accreditation ‘tick’ highlights tourism businesses that are
endorsed by the tourism industry as quality assured.
Likewise, accredited tourism businesses are recognised as professional, ethical and reliable operators, which deliver high quality tourism experiences.
The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP) certifies tourism businesses that meet specific quality assurance criteria ensuring they are committed to exceeding consumer expectations with great customer service and the highest standards of business practice. All ATAP accredited businesses undertake regular onsite audits to ensure compliance.
Accommodation, Tour, Attraction and Hire businesses accredited under the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program can be found on TiCSA’s Consumer website – Trust the Tick SA.
To be ATAP accredited businesses must complete the following:
- Ensures the business has all the required licences and permits.
- Ensures business has detailed & proactive operating systems ie: maintenance, health and safety and cleaning schedules.
- Ensures business complies with accounting standards Up-to-date record keeping and complies with consumer laws.
- Ensures the business has all required coverage, including at least $10 million in public liability insurance.
- Ensure management complies with legislation relating to employing staff along with comprehensive ongoing training and skill development.
- Business must demonstrate a documented and practical commitment to sustainable environmental practices.
- Business must have documented customer service procedures, booking and cancellation policies and customer feedback processes.
- Business must demonstrate documentation and Implementation of risk management plans, as well as emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Business must sign industry code of ethics.
- Displaying the tick/star logo provides a competitive marketing advantage and increased consumer confidence.
- Business tools and templates to assist in best practice management.
- Extended 3-year licencing for Commercial Tour Operators to operate in SA National Parks.
- Promotion through consumer websites: trusttheticksa.com.au and www.southaustralia.com.
- Promotion through a national marketing campaign for Quality Tourism Accredited Businesses.
- Membership with TiCSA:
- TiCSA member rates for all TiCSA activities, events and training.
- TiCSA member rates on advertising with TiCSA partner advertising initiatives.
- Member ‘privilege rates’ from our partners and suppliers.
- Access to member only content on www.ticsa.com.au.
- Participation in and access to quarterly member business sentiment survey.
Accreditation is a free member benefit with membership of TiCSA.
Please note: Fees for Small/Medium Business will be based on the number of full-time equivalent (FTE) staff working in the business.
|Membership Level||Membership Fee (+ GST)|
|1 – 3 FTE||$299 (+ GST)|
|4 – 8 FTE||$539 (+ GST)|
|9 – 15 FTE||$619 (+ GST)|
|16 – 25 FTE||$799 (+ GST)|
|26 – 50 FTE||$999 (+ GST)|
|Additional Listing||$199 (+ GST)|
|Large Business||$1,500 (+ GST)|
|Industry Leader Business||$4,900 (+ GST)|
- National Companies that operate in multiple states but operate under the same ABN and the same procedures.
- Additional trading names that operate under the same ABN and the same procedures.