and our 1000+ members.
BUSINESS RESTART & REINVESTMENT
It is important to recognise that recovery is not business as usual, and a considered approach is required. To enable businesses to restart and invest in reactivating their activities, they need direct and indirect financial support including reprieve or rebates on fixed costs and reduction of red tape which erode cashflow.
DIRECT SUPPORT REQUEST:
State Government to commit to a new SA Tourism, Events & Hospitality Restart & Recovery Fund consisting of $10 million per year over 3 years:
- Business restart and investment co-investment fund.
- Relief for government fees, charges, and taxes.
- Festival and event insurance underwriting.
ADDITIONALLY, WE CALL ON THE SA GOVERNMENT TO:
- Recognise and support Quality Tourism Accreditation programs as a vehicle for operators to demonstrate compliance with existing regulatory requirements.
- Reduce complexity and red tape for tourism operators’ compliance obligations by:
- Implementing the South Australian Productivity Commission’s Tourism Regulation Review recommendations as a matter of urgency.
- Developing and implementing simple regulations for the sharing economy that provide a ‘level playing field’ for business owners and investors and improve the turnaround time for tourism projects.
READ OUR TOURISM INDUSTRY RECOVERY AGENDA:
The Tourism Industry Recovery Agenda has been prepared after extensive consultation with TiCSA members, the broader industry, and key stakeholders. Presenting our five policy priorities, this document sets out where strategic industry support is required to drive a brighter future once again for South Australia’s tourism and hospitality industry.