and our 1000+ members.
BUSINESS CAPABILITY & WORKFORCE
To enable businesses to grow they need a workforce that is willing, skilled, and enthusiastic to be part of the industry for the long term. Therefore, investment is required to reverse the damage to the desirability of tourism as a long-term career opportunity and to make sure the industry has access to the training and capability development support it needs to thrive.
DIRECT SUPPORT REQUEST:
State Government to commit to Tourism Business Capability Support program to be delivered by industry for industry:
- $1 million / year for 3 years for capability development workshops and mentoring program to be administered by industry
ADDITIONALLY, WE CALL ON THE SA GOVERNMENT TO:
- Commitment to developing a whole-of-state strategy and actions to address growing tourism industry skills shortages and operator capabilities;
- Department of Human Services to work with the tourism industry to help attract and better support volunteers in the region;
- Hold a joint round table with tourism and hospitality industry leaders with the Minister for Tourism, Minister for Innovation and Skills, and Minister for Education as the kick-off and commitment to the whole-of-state strategy development; and
- Ensure that the delivery and oversight of the strategy fit within the whole-of-government approach.
READ OUR INDUSTRY RECOVERY AGENDA:
The Industry Recovery Agenda has been prepared after extensive consultation with TiCSA members, the broader industry, and key stakeholders. Presenting our five policy priorities, this document signals the start of our recovery program. We will continue to advocate to government and other stakeholders to get behind the priority areas and work with us to drive a brighter future once again for South Australia’s tourism and hospitality industry.