I am pleased to provide this Chair’s Message as my first official communications to you as the new Chair of the Tourism Industry Council SA’s Board.
Yesterday, TiCSA held our 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Adelaide Town Hall.
During the AGM, we reflected on the past financial year, marked by significant achievements by our team. These include:
- A new Strategic Plan, guiding our work over the next three years to achieve our vision to be a strong and valued voice for South Australia’s tourism industry.
- The delivery of our Business Capabilities Program, including 37 workshops and 58 business coaching sessions to enhance the skills and capabilities of our industry.
- Significant steps towards the formation of the South Australian Aboriginal Tourism Operators Council, which will drive the development of authentic Aboriginal tourism businesses and experiences in SA.
- The first edition Careers in Tourism South Australian Guide, a go-to resource to understand the pathways to an exciting and rewarding career in tourism.
For a detailed overview of TiCSA’s activities during the last financial year, please refer to the 2022-23 Annual Report.
I am pleased to introduce our newly appointed and elected Board members, following the recent election process:
- Re-elected and appointed members Penny Gale and myself
- Newly elected and appointed members Simone Douglas and Haydyn Bromley
Penny Gale has been selected as our Vice Chair, and Lauren de Cesare elected as our Treasurer.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank our outgoing Board members, Traci Ayris and Eoin Loftus for their significant contributions. In particular, I recognise Eoin’s leadership and dedication to the board over the past nine years, with six years in the role of Chair, which has been instrumental in shaping the success of TiCSA.
Just some of his many achievements include:
- Doubling TiCSA’s membership number of his time on the Board
- Doubled our resources to deliver triple the value to industry
- TiCSA working effectively with all levels of government
The best thing about our industry is our people, and Eoin is one of the best, and has always been working towards the greater good of the industry.
I am looking forward to collaborating with and supporting you all as Chair of TiCSA.
Tourism Industry Council SA