and our 1000+ members.
- Access to resources and templates to help develop and reach sustainability goals
- Demonstrate your commitment to environmental sustainability and cultural practices
- Able to reference EcoStar accreditation in grant applications and awards submissions
- Use EcoStar branding and be recognised as an environmentally sustainable business
EcoStar is an add-on module of the Quality Tourism Framework with its own accreditation criteria assessing operator’s business practices, policies and procedures relating to:
- Sustainable Resource Use: Monitoring and minimising Electricity, Fuel, Water and Materials.
- Natural Environment Protection: Measures and procedures to minimise footprint on natural habit and wildlife. Engagement in conservation initiatives.
- Built Environment Performance: Building design and performance that conforms to the natural environment values in which it is situated.
- Environmentally Responsible Behaviour: Evidence of design, planning and business procedures to minimise impact of activities on natural environment.
- Working with Local and Indigenous Communities: What steps has the business undertaken to engage, support and involve local communities and traditional land-owners?
- Promotion of Environmental and Social Understanding: Training and education resources and practices for staff and customer on relevant environment and cultural practices.
The fee to enrol into EcoStar is $100 (+GST) per annum for all Quality Tourism Accredited Businesses on top of their annual TiCSA membership fee.